Now we all know that making online gambling illegal is not going to do the trick, but implementing a legitimate policy to regulate online poker and casino’s is a step in the right direction.
The Productively Thanked
In essence, within the Australian gambling laws, there is a category known asategoriesof Gambling. Gambling is any form of betting that is not by stake, i.e. betting that someone will win.
Gambling is currently classed as an illegal activity. However, it is difficult to enforce since it is not a conveyancing where the money is at stake. This is what the opponents of online gambling refer to as the Spears of Gambling, as opposed to the Chargers of Gambling. However, if Australia is going to legalise online gambling, they might want to make this strict definition of gambling work for them instead of against them. After all, it has proven to be a successful initiative in New Zealand.
Now if you look at the definition of gambling in the Australian Gambling Act, it is very specific.
The gambling that:
- (a) is conducted for money; or
- (b) is offered or available to land-based gambling operators; or
- (c) is a wager or bet that a person other than the player or a person whom the player knows will pay money in the outcome of a game or other event in which the outcome is known beforehand.”
The problem with the above definition is that it makes it legal to be in a casino or any other gambling environment, so long as the money is not on the table. This opens the door for a lot of instances to be exploited in order to earn money. However, the Australian government is taking a step back here, because they don’t want to legalize something that would be used in a illegal activity.
Now, for the legal experts amongst us, the problem that the Australian government is facing is whether or not online gambling will be respecting the law in terms of an online gambling product being sold in Australia. The government is facing a lot of opposition to their plan to legalize online gambling.
You can understand why they are trying to implement a plan to legalize online gambling. There is a lot of negative press out there, and people are just plain ticked off about the whole thing. They want to get this done quickly, because legalizing online gambling would open the door for a lot of possibilites, and that’s not what they want. However, you can also draw a direct analogy between online gambling and sex, or premarital sex. There is much to be gained and opened up in terms of having a legal product to sell in Australia. However, much like sex, not all forms of gambling are created equal.
The devaluation of sex
- For many people, of course, sex is only interested in being in a relationship. They don’t necessarily want to have sex strictly for the money, or for the emotional satisfaction. They don’t value sex as something that should be taken lightly. Sex is something they freely give of their time, their energy, and their bodies. They wouldn’t ask for something from a partner to gratify them emotionally. They would never appreciate being objectified emotionally in return for something of their time, energy, andBody.
- There is something to be said for sex being something that is much more than an emotional outlets. Perhaps it’s the fact that we are programmed to love everything and anything, and sex is an agreed fundamental of human nature. Perhaps it’s the evolved propensity for humans to survive and to prosper. We all love things that give us pleasure. We all hate things that hurt us, and we all fantasize about things that will give us suffering, even though it’s abstract.
When you love something, it draws you in. You find it hard to separate it from your power, and your eyes light up. You can’t help but want it, and even when you want it you can’t help but visualize it.
In order to have sex, you have to be in the right emotional state. Not only must you be physically 100% committed, but you have to be emotionally geared so that the symbol of your love is not unrealistic. Picture yourself having sex with your significant other, even though you aren’t physically 100% ready. See the difference? The difference is that in the former example, you are purely in the moment, experiencing the passionate content of the kiss. In the latter, you are partly detached from the physical kiss because the physical kiss is abstract. It is a mental step-in to a different place and a different kiss.